Tuesday, January 10, 2006


Hey y'all,
I've just put this acoustic guitar on e-bay. I had to ask Bruce Watson how to do it. The guitar belonged to Charlie Burchill, and may have been used on albums from Once Upon a Time to Neapolis.
I had an identical guitar, and I gave it to Derek McInnes ex Rangers and Dundee United player, as he was learning. So, Charlie new I would need another one, and gave me his. Fantastic gesture. I have had my eyes on an old Washburn guitar in Crewe, ever since the Spear of Destiny 'Westworld 'weekend at the Limelight Club.The guitar is just over 100 years old, and is one of the best and loudest acoustics I've ever heard. So listen out for it on the album and see it live, if I can get it. Anyone interested in the Yamaha acoustic should go to the Music/Rock Memorabilia/Concert Memorabilia. I've listed it under Simple Minds, Charlie Burchill, Derek Forbes guitar. See you all at Port Patrick and hello to all our potential fans in good old Belfast.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rute Ventura said...

Hello Mr Forbes!
I've been a simple minds fan for quite a long time, even though Im pretty young, saw you once at a Lisbon gig. Im glad you're are back with Mr Mcneill, you guys are missed among the fans! Anyway, goodluck for the Few Good Man!:)
Cheers!

4:27 pm  
Blogger Derek Forbes said...

thanks for that. I remember the last time I played Lisbon, that was the festival with 'Rage Against The Machine', they were fantastic.East at Easter eh? the ghost of Minds songs past live in that guitar, so who knows

9:07 pm  
Blogger Rute Ventura said...

east at easter... it really is one of my faves, the gig was good, it was my first SM gig, and i looked like a crazy teenager..well, but thats becoz i was back to that time!cherrioo and come visit us!

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home